In February 2012, the Port Hedland Shire updated their R Codes to allow granny flats and ancillary accommodation to be rented out (rather than built for a family member), and the investment property landscape changed forever.
The Port Headland Shire was one of the first Shires in Western Australian to approve granny flats to be built in backyards on blocks bigger than 450m2.
Fremantle, Perth and other areas were quick to follow suit, and now high density living in urban areas is becoming more common.
Leimac Building Company recognised that with rising costs to enter the property investment market, investors would be looking at creative ways to earn more income from their properties.
Granny flats and ancillary accommodation is one such strategy, and the Leimac Building Company was subsequently at the forefront of the “Granny Flat Revolution”.
Ask us anything about Granny Flats, ancillary accommodation, studios and free-standing guest rooms — from experience, there’s nothing we haven’t come across in the countless granny flats we’ve built around Western Australia.
Leimac Building offers energy efficient, quickly erected ancillary options, utilising a variety of materials.
We also offer a holistic package to clients interested in property investment or value adding for owner occupiers. This is achieved through our strategic partnerships with financial and design experts.
This means that we can, together, help you all the way from finance, design, approvals, construction, and right through to hand over.
Ancillary Accommodation from Leimac Building – our 1 and 2 bedroom Granny Flats are high-quality, energy rated to 6 stars and cost effective, designed to suit your development needs.
Among the feature inclusions are:
- Fujitsu Air Conditioner
- Fully Painted Inside and Out
- Raked Ceiling to Living Room
- and more… download the eBrochure
As well, feel free to browse some design ideas listed below, or call us on 08 97 555 900 to discuss your specific needs.
- The Beachside: Luxury short-stay accommodation Suited to larger groups seeking short-stay accommodation, the Beachside combines luxury with functionality and style. There is plenty of room for socialising, generous-sized bedrooms with en suites, and a master bedroom that will have your guests wanting to stay forever. The master en suite features a spa tub set into a nook, with a ledge …
- The Kew: For lovers of food and fun This 3-bedroom chalet is for guests who love their food, and who believe the kitchen is the heart of the house. Its open plan lounge spills out onto a generous deck and entertaining area, while the dining area fronts onto yet another alfresco area. With decks facing north and south, there’s always somewhere to relax …
- The Linaker: Light, bright and affordable chalet style This chalet is perfect for up to four guests. Enjoy a light and bright atmosphere in an affordable space. This compact yet flexible design lets guests enter from the carport via the undercover walkway, or go directly to the deck to light the BBQ and open the first beer of the evening. Parents can even sit …
- The Heartland Chalet: Rooms with a view Ready for the luxury weekend getaway (and room for extra guests), this luxury chalet is best suited to a north-facing block with a view. Guests enter from the decked entertaining area to a welcoming kitchen, dining and lounge area. The lounge is framed by feature windows to maximise the view, with deep boxed window seats …
- The Station: Studio Chic Granny Flat or Chalet This simple yet effective studio chalet design is the best value “granny flat” in Western Australia. In fact, it is the only fully-built turn-key design for less than $100K in the state. This is a compact studio design granny flat, garden chalet, or independent living unit. It is popular with clients seeking quality-built, cost-effective tourist accommodation …